METRO GROUP is one of the largest and most international retailing companies. The Group reached sales of around €66 billion in the financial year 2012/13 (pro-forma). The company has a headcount of around 265,000 employees and operates around 2,200 stores in 32 countries. The performance of METRO GROUP is based on the strength of its sales brands which operate independently in their respective market segment: METRO/MAKRO Cash & Carry – the international leader in self-service wholesale, Real hypermarkets, Media Markt and Saturn – European market leader in consumer electronics retailing, and Galeria Kaufhof department stores.
For our Management-Holding in Düsseldorf we are looking for a
Public Policy Manager with focus on Western Europe & Strategy (m/f)
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Strategic and operational support regarding the public policy strategy of METRO GROUP in METRO GROUP’s Western European markets.
- Assessment and if applicable development of internal processes and tools; benchmarking and clustering the strategic approach of METRO GROUP’s business units.
- Maintenance and extension of METRO GROUP’s external network, including contacts to associations and stakeholders from the political and public sphere with focus on Western Europe; support of business units in maintaining and extending their external network.
- Coordination and preparation of corporate positions on current challenges for METRO GROUP in Western Europe as well as their communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Conception, planning, realization and control of related projects.
- Representation of METRO GROUP at selected events and conferences in Western Europe.
- 3-4 years of professional experience related in public policy work ideally in associations, communications or political sphere with working experience in Berlin and or Brussels and ideally in another Western European capital.
- University degree, ideally in politics, business administration, economics, communications or law.
- High communication affinity (language and wording) combined with strong project experience and proven capability to deliver in international projects; existing network.
- Excellent knowledge of European politics and the political system of other Western European states.
- Excellent analytical and structured thinking – proven skills in summarizing complex contexts.
- Demonstrate a strong creative ability to conceptualize and communicate ideas to stakeholders (in- / external).
- Ability to develop and present PowerPoint presentations and executive summaries for senior management.
- Ability to work independently and on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage a multicultural and international work environment.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Excellent English and German language skills, both verbally and in writing and ideally in another European language.
Are you interested in working in a professional team? Then we would be pleased to receive your online application in English.
The METRO GROUP is an equal opportunity employer. We offer all qualified employees and applicants identical chances.