We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Refinery / Chemicals Technologist to ensure technological support and development for the production units in the Rheinland Refinery. The Refinery & Chemical Technology Team consists of 7 teams each with 4 to 10 technologists supporting the refining & chemicals plants of Rheinland Refinery as well as the process engineering and process safety design development.
- Deliver proactive technological support to the production unit to ensure safe operation, asset integrity, compliance and optimal performance (margin, energy, reliability) in both the short and long term through active support and healthy challenge as appropriate
- Analysis and support for plant performance troubleshooting
- Act as technology focal point in the Technology & Services department on interface to the production units, coordinate technological activities for day-to-day support
- Ensure process safety aspects for all plant changes and smaller projects
- Develop new opportunities to improve margin performance and energy/CO2 aspects of refinery assets
- Applicant must have a chemical engineering, chemistry or physics educational background or experience
- Expertise in the field of gasification, hydrogen manufacturing and aromatics production is favourable
- Interpersonal and relationships skills in complex environments are required
- Significant experience in process technology, process engineering and / or process safety is favourable
- Project experience as well as operational experience is an advantage
- Strong analytical power, communication skills, and a systematic approach to problem solving
- Master written and spoken German, good English knowledge is required
What do we offer?
You will be working in one of Shell Supersite Refineries, nicely situated between Bonn and Cologne close to the beautiful green hills of the Eifel.
Rheinland Refinery is the largest complex manufacturing site in Germany and presents a wide range of professional, commercial and managerial challenges and opportunities. An assignment in Rheinland offers exciting and valuable experiences for your career within Shell.