We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Real Estate Building Services Manager to join our team in Hamburg.
This position covers the three Shell locations in Hamburg, STCHA (Shell Technology Centre in Harburg), GLC (Grasbrook Lubricants plant) and the main office Pentahof (close to the Hamburg Airport). The main focus will be on on-boarding building services from local structure to Real Estate with a high focus on STCHA and GLC.
Real Estate (RE) is the Shell Function responsible for defining and implementing real estate policies and strategy, programme delivery and services in the areas of property, real estate projects, facilities management, corporate travel, operational security and records management. The role of RE is to provide top-quartile functional leadership across the Group and to enable Shell to extract maximum value from its real estate assets and related activities.
- Define requirements (quantity & quality) for all building service activities
- Development and implementation of the long-term building operations and maintenance plan for all three Hamburg sites
- Providing services provider(s) with advice on building services standards, planning and prioritization
- Measuring and providing assurance on building performance, integrity and statutory/regulatory compliance
- Work with the site manager, liaising with the local business where appropriate, to manage expectations on building operations (business continuity, fabric standards etc), workplace management and interfaces with other on-site (technical) facilities
- Compile together in collaboration with the service provider the long range building operations and maintenance plan for the site(s) including planned maintenance, projects, reactive maintenance and space planning including arranging building condition surveys as required
- Make arrangements with service provider(s) for the management, administration (using Planon or equivalent) and delivery of building service to agreed service levels and budgets
- Support the implementation and development of building monitoring and/or management systems
- Provide building operations and building services expertise to the site team and local business
- Responsible to coordinate functions as finance, Tax, legal, etc. for (maintenance) projects
- Oversee project/specialist procurement decisions, including sub-contracting
- Monitor and provide assurance on compliance with applicable HSE (Health, Safety Environmental) and other Shell/regulatory requirements
- University degree preferably in a technical discipline
- Familiarity with Real Estate tools and processes
- Significant experience in services planning including HSE, quality & cost
- Project management skills are desired
- German and English language skills are a prerequisite (writing and speaking )