We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Senior Commercial Finance Advisor to join our Rheinland Refinery.
The Commercial Finance Advisor works with the Site Economics and Scheduling Manager and Business Development Manager to develop strategy and opportunities for short and medium term value creation; driving daily margin optimisation, annual planning and appraisal process to ensure the improvement is delivered and also develop the medium term (3-5 years) Value Growth Plan to ensure a robust funnel of value growth opportunities is in place to close the value gap/remain competitiveness.
The purpose of this role is to contribute as Finance business partner to the business, specifically:
- Develop and deliver high quality Finance functional and commercial support and challenge to business decisions and new business development (including first line support on price risks, transport contracts, deal economics, Tax, Treasury and finance-process matters). This includes quantifying the costs, margin analysis, and working capital to ensure decisions are based upon sound financial support.
- Develop and deliver commercially insightful analysis and appraisal of the Manufacturing margin, including associated product and crude trading value, hydrocarbon purchase and sales contracts, and hydrocarbon stock management using a combination of internal and external metrics.
- Ensure the Finance support provided through Finance Operations, tax, treasury, etc. is fit for purpose and timely to meet the business needs. Interface with other CoB finance and business staff to ensure cross business performance is optimized.
- Develop a high level of understanding of price exposure management and controls, as well as the ability to provide guidance as new business opportunities and market conditions are exploited. Develop full understanding of the drivers (contracts and operating conditions) behind all crude/feedstock working capital. Guide organization in developing and enhancing processes to provide accurate working capital forecasts
- Ensures the business has a fit for purpose, risk based governance and control framework for its activities and drives development and adoption of a structured self-assurance process by the business.
- In-depth financial analyses and modelling as opportunities arise to ensure full E2E value capture. Advice on the accounting implications of business contracts, issues and decisions, especially in highly complex situations. Understand regulatory, accounting, and contracting impacts to the businesses.
- Experienced finance professional with strong track record in providing business support and business performance improvement in a large, complex business environment, handling multiple interfaces at operational through GM level.
- Interpersonal, leadership and change management skills. The ability to achieve results through influencing and motivating others (inside and outside finance) and to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Curiosity, energy, and enthusiasm to engage with Business Leaders and colleagues to understand the underlying business drivers.
- Focuses on delivering commercial results for the Enterprise, sets high standards for professional and operational excellence in execution.
- The ability to achieve results through influencing and motivating others without formal authority, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Captures opportunities to generate sustainable value, embraces new perspectives and opportunities.
- Accreditation in Accounting or Finance, preferably with business finance experience